7 Food you should always have at home
Today is a quick but very useful post. Keeping track of your diet can be hard depending your « organisation level »!
Like I was writing in a previous post about the 80/20 rule. If you can eat clean around 80% of the time, you’ll see and feel the positive results. What I’ve found is when we are running late or maybe busier, we tend to cut short on meal prep. To avoid this pitfall I’ve listed 7 food that you should always have at home.
1. Eggs: A complete source of protein with all the Amino acids in the right ratios. This can fill you up at anytime of the day. Eggs doesn’t need presentation anymore!
2. Leafy greens: Kale, Collard greens, swish chard and spinach are packed with fibers, load up with vitamins (A,C,K), Folates, potassium. They also are a great source of antioxidants so will help getting rid of toxins and free radicals. Quick tip: buy more and freeze them, this way you won’t run out. Eat them raw or cooked within smoothies, salads, soups or even by making home made chips.
3. Apple cider vinegar: This is a jack of all trades. ACV can be use to regulate blood sugar is consumed in water, it can spiced up a dressing, can help you loose weight and can kill many bacteria. There is an endless list of purpose for ACV. Take a look at the video bellow if you want to learn more about apple cider vinegar
4. Lemon: Couple slices in a glass of water to jump start your morning. This is a very powerful food to help detoxify your whole body. Lemon helps digestion, boost your metabolism and regulate the pH of your body. Add it to water, tea or even to add flavors when cooking. This is a must for your health.
5. Hemp seeds: Like eggs, I’ve already listed the benefits of hemp seeds. High fiber, high protein and also rich in fatty acid Omega-3. Hemp seeds can be add to smoothies, low carbs pancakes, spread on a salad. This food will « upgrade in nutriments » many many recipes!
6. Nuts: Eating nuts is amazing for your brain. They are packed with vitamins and minerals like selenium and potassium. Great source of healthy fats, nuts also contains proteins. Nuts contains almost no carbs, so they will help regulated blood sugar. This is a great snacking option for everybody and a must for those with a sweet tooth.
7. Avocados: Avocados are a high fat and high fiber fruit. They also contains proteins. Every time you get a food with high fat, high fiber, proteins and almost no sugar, you have a winner! Fats to support the brain, fibers for your gut, proteins for muscles and regeneration and of almost no impact on the insulin. a.k.a to help manage blood sugar. There is many ways to consume avocados. Make sure you don’t run out of it!!! If you’re looking for ideas check this out: Avocados recipe.
There’s no magic pill to stay healthy but there’s some behaviors that need to be changed. If you make sure to always have those 7 food at home, you are improving the chance of always eating good snacks or meals. This is a simple trick to stay fit, healthy and saving some cash from buying prepared meals and snacks!
Have a wonderful day!